Many popular movies were released in 2012 along with original soundtracks and scores that enhanced the movie itself. Below are a few of the best move soundtracks of 2012.
1. Pitch Perfect was a box office smash that centered around an all girls college acapella group. The soundtrack that accompanies it features songs that layer many different vocal ranges and mix two or three songs into one to create a unique and original piece.
2. Breaking Dawn Part 2 was the finale to the well known Twilight saga. The soundtrack includes emotional driven scores that transport the listener to far away destinations and put them Read the rest of this entry »
Sequels often fall victim to too much of a good thing. Too much rehashing, too many thin characters stretched beyond belief and other problems. However, the occasional sequel not only gets it right, but hits it out of the ball park and past the first movie. Here is a short list of sequels that were better than the original.
Home Alone 2 does what the best sequels do best. That is, to up the ante for everything. In this sequel, the original character Read the rest of this entry »
Take a break from wedding planning to watch these heartfelt, funny and feel-good movies before the big day.
Father of the Bride
This 1991 film is a remake of a classic from the 1950s, and Steve Martin shines in his role as a father who has to let go of his darling daughter. You’ll laugh until you cry watching him handle the stress of planning an elaborate wedding for his little girl, especially in the scenes with Franck, the flamboyant wedding planner.
Everybody loves a good Christmas movie, and it’s hard to narrow it down to the best of all time. Everybody has their own favorites, the ones they grew up watching every holiday season. After much deliberation, here are the five best Christmas movies of all time.
1. Die Hard (1988). This action movie starring Bruce Willis is not overly cheery, making it the best Christmas movie for people who hate Christmas movies.
2. It’s a Wonderful Life (1946). The beautiful and inspiring story of a good man who ends up in troubling circumstances and almost gives up hope.The whole story Read the rest of this entry »
Sci-Fi fans can sometimes be deemed being a little on the crazy side. This should not prove to be very surprising. The term fan is actually short for fanatic. It is certainly true that Sci-Fi fans are a bit fanatical. To call them crazy might be a little harsh. Better descriptions would be passionate and loyal. The oddball nature of science-fiction films and television series does help contribute to creating an impression of the fans being a little nutty. The over the top nature of the festivities at science-fiction conventions further Read the rest of this entry »
The challenge of finding a romance movie for a couple is not a small one, as many men profess their hatred for romance movies. Here are some of the best date night movies for couples in love to watch together.
1. Casablanca (1942). Rick and Ilsa are one of the screen’s most romantic couples, and the story of their relationship creates one of the best movies of all time.
2. The Princess Bride (1987). This incredibly romantic story of a man determined to search for his true love, no matter what, is also Read the rest of this entry »
Action movies are big in Hollywood today. There’s a reason – we love them! Whether we’re watching aliens attack Tokyo or James Bond escape an elaborate death machine, we love filling our movies full of car crashes and gun battles. Here are the five best action movies of all time.
1. The original Star Wars series. Some of the special effects look a little dated now, but the light saber duels and the spaceship battles still make this a favorite.
2. Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981). This movie redefined the entire action genre, Read the rest of this entry »
Movie watching can be a great time to bond together with your family, but finding that perfect movie that everyone can join can be very difficult. Here are five movies we feel confident you and your family can all enjoy.
1. The Star Wars series. Whether it’s the old series or the new one, they have plenty of action, comedy, and romance. They’re also all pretty tame, so little ones can watch too.
2. The Princess Bride (1987). This wonderful fantasy adventure movie has everything a family could possibly ask for, everything from Read the rest of this entry »